The pressure to improve student performance has never been greater. Teachers need the tools, strategies and support to teach for results.
Math 20/20 focuses on grade-level cohorts across a district to thoroughly implement math-specific content and pedagogy for that grade level. It also equips leaders to support teachers in implementing a transformative vision for teaching math.
Math 20/20 grade level courses include:
- Components for all district and school leadership
- 50 hours of professional learning for all teachers and teacher leaders
- 8 hours of professional learning for district and site-based leaders
Implementation Coaching includes:
- Sustainable model that maintains the progress of teachers and teacher leaders
- Classroom coaching for teachers and leaders
- Workshops and seminars for teachers and leaders
Math 20/20 features grade-level specific professional learning for all teachers involved in the program.
During the initial professional learning course, teachers participate in six full-day workshops during the school year that include:
- Deep examination of grade-level content standards
- Integration of the Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Discussions and activities that develop specific mathematical content knowledge and related pedagogical implications
- Implementation of classroom tasks and analysis of student work
Curriculum and Resources
Math 20/20 incorporates customized features that include the use of district curriculum documents, such as pacing guides and curriculum maps.
It also integrates well with district-adopted math resources and makes connections to teacher evaluation pedagogy.